The foundation of our Vegan Lemon Bliss dessert is its luscious lemon filling, which boasts a perfect balance of tartness and sweetness. Sitting atop a nutty and crunchy base, this dessert encapsulates a myriad of flavors and textures. Let’s begin our journey into the world of vegan lemony delight.
For the Base
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- A pinch of salt
For the Lemon Bliss Filling
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours or overnight)
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of turmeric (for color, optional)
Methodology Of Vegan Lemon Bliss Desert
Preparing The Base
- Combine the almonds, dates, and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Blend until the mixture is sticky and crumbly.
- Transfer the base mixture to a lined springform pan (about 8 inches in diameter). Press it down firmly to create an even layer. Place it in the freezer while you prepare the lemon filling.
Preparing The Lemon Bliss Filling
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Combine the cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, healthy fruits and turmeric (if using) in a high-speed blender. Blend the contents until it is smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust sweetness or tartness if needed.
- Pour the lemon filling over the prepared base in the springform pan. Smooth out the top using a spatula.
- Place the dessert in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until it sets.
- Once set, take out the dessert from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with some lemon zest or edible flowers if desired.
Tips And Tricks
- Soaking Cashews: The purpose of soaking cashews is to soften them, which makes blending easier and the filling creamier. If you’re short on time, you can soak cashews in hot water for an hour instead of the long soak.
- Lemon Zest: Always zest the lemons before juicing. Use organic lemons if possible, and make sure to wash them thoroughly.
- Sweetness: The level of sweetness can be adjusted according to your preference. Reduce the amount of maple syrup or agave nectar if you like a less sweet dessert.
To store the Lemon Bliss dessert, follow these steps:
- Freezing: Once the dessert is set, you can keep it in the freezer for up to a month. If you plan to store it for an extended period, wrap the dessert in cling film or foil to prevent freezer burn.
- Refrigerating: If you plan to consume the dessert within 2-3 days, it can be stored in the refrigerator. This will keep the dessert slightly softer than when frozen.
- Serving from Freezer: Before serving, transfer the dessert from the freezer to the refrigerator for about an hour or leave it at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. This ensures the perfect consistency for consumption.
In conclusion, the Vegan Lemon Bliss dessert is a delightful amalgamation of zesty flavors, creamy textures, and crunchy undertones. The combination of health and flavor makes this a go-to dessert for any occasion. The brightness of the lemon, combined with the creaminess of cashews and coconut, creates a symphony of flavors that are bound to leave you wanting more. Enjoy!